Webmail international is one of the premier free email service providers in South Africa. They offer a feature and content rich portal that allows users to access a range of services from searching for real estate to looking for financial information and from receiving weather updates to getting the latest news from South Africa and across the world. So, in this article, you can find out about how to use webmail login after registering with the service and dealing with any issues that you may have with your account eventually.
Why is webmail the right email service for you?
Webmail has quickly garnered a user base of nearly 1 million registrations and their site receives about 40 million page impressions monthly. Holding its own against the big players in the market such as Gmail and Hotmail, webmail has a stellar fan following because of its commitment to serving users. The brand is local, independent and its popularity can squarely be attributed to word of mouth marketing, which in itself is a testament to just how good the service is. Some of the benefits of holding webmail login details are:
• It’s more than just a regular email service
• All you need is a PC connected to the internet and you can access your mailbox from anywhere in the world at any time
• Assured privacy and security
• Same email address regardless of ISP and employment changes
• Works truly well as a personal email account
• Free file sharing
• Video and voice messaging for free
• 10 GB free space within the account to store your photos, files and more
• Free fax service to your inbox
• And, above all it’s free!
Registering for a webmail user ID
To set webmail login details, you will need to go through the sign up process. This is a simple procedure in which you offer basic information about yourself which helps the company to establish your identity and set an exclusive account for you. To begin the signup process, follow the instructions given below:
Step 1: Go to the homepage of webmail at http://www.webmail.co.za/. At the top of this page, you will see the register for free section. In the message, you will find the “click here” link; use it to reach the registration page.
Step 2: Registration is a two step process and the first involves setting account details. You will have to start by offering your first name and surname and then choosing an email address. This can be a version of your name with initials or your complete name or even a pseudonym or a bunch of words that you associate with yourself, your work or personality.
Step 3: Pick the password; this is an alphanumeric code that will serve as the entry point security for your account. The password will have to be at least 4 characters long and can be a combination of numbers and alphabets.
Step 4: In this step, you will have to pick one of the 5 security questions given and include the answer to this question. This will be used to confirm your identity if you want to reset your webmail login details.
Step 5: This section is completed by offering either an alternate email ID, your cell phone number or both. Remember that this is the information that will be needed to reset passwords and usernames in the future. So, if you are using a cell phone number use one that is valid and which you intend to use in the future as well; ditto for the email account.
Step 6: In the next section of the registration form, you will be told to furnish personal details such as: gender, birth date, location, home language and email account personality. Click on “next” and you will be redirected to the second form.
Step 7: Complete the “about you” section; this is primarily information about asset ownership and banking. At no point will you be asked to provide bank account or credit card details. The last part of the form is meant to collect consumer information in which you tell the company about the type of offers and advertisements you would like to receive. As the final step, complete the captcha and accept the terms of service before clicking on the “register” button.
Using your webmail login
To access your webmail account, go to the homepage of the service once again. On top of the page, you will find the sign in form. Insert your username and your password in the fields provided and click on “log in” and that is all there is to using your webmail account.
Resetting webmail login password
If you forget your webmail login details, there is a way to retrieve them as long as you remember the cell phone number and the alternate email ID provided by you. Also, you will need to know the answer to your secret question. If you have this information with you, this is what you need to do:
• Step 1: Go to the homepage of webmail and click the link that says “forgot password”
• Step 2: Make sure you have your caps lock turned off and have used capital letters where required in the pass code. You only get 3 attempts to log in after which, your account will be locked for 6 hours.
• Step 3: Enter your complete email address, including the domain name webmail.co.za and then click on the button which reads “submit query”.
• Step 4: You will be asked to verify your identity by answering your security question. If you don’t get the answer right, you will not be able to access your account.
• Step 5: If you have offered an alternate email ID as well as a cell phone number, you can choose how you want to receive the temporary access code. Cell phone users will receive a code that will have to be used on the password retrieval page, while email users will get a link and clicking on it will get you access to the dashboard.
• Step 6: Once you gain entry into the secure member’s area, you can assign a new pass code and set it by confirming.