Road runner is a webmail service that is offered to Time Warner Cable customers as part of their internet package deal. It doubles up as an easy to use messaging system since you can access your mail from anywhere by using the facility. The email ID is assigned automatically at no extra cost to the user when the internet service is activated.
In terms of rr login and usage, the service is no different from the other free email facilities. Among the numerous features offered are parental control, blocking of messages from certain users and domains, mail filtering and segregation and user authentication. You also get access to an address book and increased storage facilities with your rr login.
How to get and use your road runner account?
There is no sign up process for the service as the system assigns the master account username and the password at first. The information needed for setting up the account is provided by the buyer of the service when purchasing the service. Depending on the type of internet package you choose, the features of the mail service will differ. For example,
• Lite will get you 5 mailboxes, 20 MB for default sub accounts and 100 MB of storage space.
• With the standard internet package, the features are bumped up to include 10 mailboxes and 100 MB designated to sub accounts along with 2 GB storage space.
• Finally, the turbo account can get you 25 mailboxes, 100 MB of default space for sub accounts and 5 GB of storage in your email inbox.
It should be understood that although, you have the liberty to set a specific number of sub accounts for your family members, each household is only given one master account. The addresses of these master accounts are set by the system upon the activation of the internet service and the subscriber cannot change these.
However, you do get the option of using unique email ID’s for the sub accounts and even setting up separate access screens for them. In other words rr login can not only be put to personal use, but also it can be treated as a business internet account as you can assign email ids to 25 employees.
The features of a road runner account
The receiving limit of the mail accounts, including attachments has been fixed at 30 MB and the sending limit is also the same. Users can send out as many as 1000 emails in a 24 hour period from each IP address. The address book is a nifty feature of rr email accounts that allows the subscriber to create a new contact and groups, delete entries from these groups, search contacts and use the address book to send out emails.
Setting up rr login for email sub accounts
To set up the sub accounts that are offered with the master email account, you will need to visit the subscriber self care page by using the rr login details of your master account. While the sub account holders can use this facility to change their sign in details, as mentioned above, no changes can be made to the rr log in data of master accounts. The subscriber self care page is available at https://selfcare.rr.com/index.cfm?method=login.login and you can select English or Spanish as the language of use.
• Step 1: On the user management page that you will be redirected to after log in, click on the tab that says “create new sub user”. This will take you to another page.
• Step 2: Here, enter the user id of the sub account. The ID should contain 1 to 32 characters and cannot begin or end with a period mark. However, you can use alphabets, numbers as well as symbols like underscores, periods and hyphens in between.
• Step 3: Enter personal details about the user such as his/her first name and last name
• Step 4: Assign a password to the account and confirm by re-typing
• Step 5: Click on the tab that reads “create new sub user” and you will see a confirmation message of the account having been created
Accessing your email account with rr login
Using the service is just as easy, provided you have your rr login details in hand. Go to https://webmail.roadrunner.com/ and you will see the sign in form to your right. Enter your complete email address including the part after @ and your password. Click on “log in” to access the account. You can elect to have your user ID saved on the system you are using by checking the “remember email address” option.
Recovering rr login password
If you have lost your password, the process for recovering it is the same as with any other webmail service. On the sign in page, you will see the links for password and username recovery right above the button for “log in”. Click the one that read “forgot your TWC email password” and follow the steps given below:
• Step 1: On the page that you are taken to, you will see two options, one for users who remember their password but would like to change it and the other for those who would like to recover a forgotten or lost password. Pick this second option by clicking on the appropriate link
• Step 2: You will be redirected to the page where you will need to enter your email id and a captcha code.
• Step 3: Enter your cable modem ID or your 4G WiMax device ID to confirm your identity.
• Step 4: If the ID corresponds to the email address, you will be allowed inside your account from where you can change your rr login details.