Whether it is the latest release from your favorite band or the trailer to the new movie you cannot wait to watch or an instructional clip on how to manage the stains left on your carpet by your pets or even a family video showing the budding talents of the newest tot in the brood, Youtube has them all and much more. A veritable treasure trove of audio visual clips, Youtube has changed the way in which media rich content is shared and accessed. Although the site is available to all, having your own Youtube login means that you get more from the audiovisual experience than you normally would.
Why bother with a Youtube login, when you can access videos without registering?
• Add your two cents: For one, you will not only be able to watch the contributions of others but also upload your very own videos if you have a Youtube login. This a fabulous way to share memorable events with friends and family and it can be used as the perfect vehicle to keep in touch with clients while answering important questions and addressing business related concerns.
• It’s worth good money: If your videos are a hit, Youtube will be happy to share some the revenue the clip generates with you. However, to avail this facility, you will need to have your own Youtube account.
• Share video through multiple social channels: As a registered user with a Youtube login, you will be able to share videos with all your friends on social media sites such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and more.
• Rate your favorite clips: If you like a particular artist or the skills of a newbie, you can show your appreciation for their work with a rating. Similarly, you can express your disapproval for content that you don’t think much about through ratings and comments once you have used your Youtube login.
• You get access to account history: With your own account, comes a personal dashboard which will have suggestions for new videos based on the clips that you have shown a preference for in the past. But that is not all! You also get access to a history section which shows all the clips that you have watched. So, if you left a movie halfway, you could always go right back to watching it after a few hours or even days.
The best part is that getting your Youtube login details could not be easier. Since, it is a part of Google’s bevy of services, as long as you have an account with one of the company’s facilities, you get a passport ID to login to all of their other sites, including YouTube.
But, what do I do, if I do not have a Google/ Gmail account?
Fret not! You could still get your Youtube login details in a few, easy steps. The simplest way is to get yourself a Gmail account; this way you get a free email ID plus you can use the information for Youtube login. In any case, you could start by going to Youtube.com and follow the steps given below:
Step 1: On the right hand side, at the top of the screen, you will see the log in button in blue. Click on this to reach the form for signing in
Step 2: At this point, Google will ask you to provide a username and password. Assuming that you don’t have Youtube login details, proceed to find the link in blue right below the sign up form which reads “Create an account”.
Step 3: Now, you should find a form on the screen that has the header “create a Google account”. Below this, you will see fields for information on the account and on the registrant. Since you are a new user, click on the link that says “I would like a new Gmail address”.
Step 4: Fill in your name; both first and last and insert your desired username. The site will tell you if this is available or give you alternate options. Create an 8 character pass code for your account and confirm it by retyping.
Step 5: Add your date of birth and your gender to the form. Finally, complete the registration process by offering your cell phone number and an alternate email address. This does not have to be a Google/Gmail account. Although you can get away by using either the phone number or the email address, it is recommended that you furnish both. Also, make sure that you give them a working phone number and email ID. This information will be needed if you ever want your Youtube login details reset.
Step 6: Before you click the button that says “next step” complete the Captcha, provide location details and agree to the terms and conditions. You will be asked if you want to create a Google Plus profile but you can skip through this step and simply make use of the “back to Youtube” button on the following page.
Using your Youtube login
As long as you are logged in to your email account, you can directly open the Youtube homepage and you will be taken to your account dashboard. If you do log out, you can use the login button on top of the homepage to sign in. Use the Youtube login details set by you at the time of registration to sign into your account whether you are on your home computer or a mobile device.
Reclaiming a lost password
If you can’t remember your Youtube login information, you can easily reset your password as long as you can access the inbox of the alternate email account provided by you at the time of registration. If you had also furnished a cell phone number, you will have the option of receiving the temporary access code through a text message or through an email. If you went for only one of these options, you will have no choice but to stick with it.
• Step 1: Go to the log in page by visiting Youtube.com. You will be asked for your password at this point. The username will typically be saved by the system, so that you do not have to retype it every time you want to access your account. Click on the blue link that says “need help” which is right below the “sign in” button.
• Step 2: If you remember the last password, enter it in, even if it not 100% correct. If you have no idea at all, simply click the button that reads “I don’t know”.
• Step 3: A message will be shown on your screen which says that you need to confirm your recovery email address, so that further instructions can be sent to you.
• Step 4: Click on “continue” and then log in to your recovery email account. You should have a message in your inbox from Google that has the temporary access link. Click on it to go to your dashboard. From here, you can easily reset your password.