RediffMail is an Indian-based entertainment and shopping portal founded in 1996. It was among the first websites registered in India by its then owner Ajit Balakrishnan. Currently, Rediffmail has over 100 million users and is ranked as the 9th most popular web portal in India. The site provides various services to its huge userbase such as an instant messaging service (Rediff Bol), news (Rediff Localnews) and entertainment (Rediff SongBuzz).
For you to access these services, you will need to subscribe with Rediff.com by signing up for an account. The process of signing up is pretty straightforward once you are on the website. After confirming the account details, you will then be able to watch videos, get real-time information and news on a wide range of topics, access mail account and various social pages among other features. This post will walk you through the Rediffmail login guide, how to recover a forgotten password and guidelines on how to delete your account.
Rediffmail login instructions
1. After signing up for an account with the platform, you will be provided with your Rediffmail login details that will include the username (Rediffmail ID) as well as a password of your choice.
2. Click the Rediffmail icon that will redirect you to a new page that has the “username” and “password” boxes.
3. Fill them out using the username and password provided to you.
4. You will now be able to access your Rediffmail and other categories at the platform.
How to recover a lost Rediffmail password
Rediffmail offers you a provision to recover your forgotten password online by following either of these three methods.
1. Visit the Rediffmail login page and click on the “Forgot your password?” link.
2. Enter your username here before clicking “Continue”.
3. You will be provided with three options:
1. Your hint questions will appear.
2. You will be prompted to input the correct answers to them.
3. Subsequently, enter the code that appears before clicking on the “Submit” button.
4. You will be provided with your password on the window.
1. Enter the alternate email that you had provided during the signup process.
2. Submit the code that appears.
3. You will be required to collect your password from the alternate email address.
1. Here, you will be prompted to provide answers to the personal questions.
2. You will need to enter your Mother’s maiden name as provided during the sign-up process.
3. Enter the code provided and “Submit”.
4. Your password will then be displayed on the window.
How to delete your Rediffmail account
Unfortunately, there is no possible way through which you can delete your Rediffmail account in an instant. According to Rediffmail, your account gets deactivated after close to a year of no activity. For example, you will need to keep away from accessing your account for 90 days for it to be discontinued. Your inbox mails will subsequently be deleted after another 60 days of account inactivity. 90 more days of not accessing the account will get your account deactivated. However, it is important to note that the email account provided to you will always remain yours for a lifetime. For increased anonymity during the waiting period, you are advised to clean out all your personal data such as the name, address, publicly visible texts and images among others. You can also request for your account deletion by contacting the support and hope for a reply.