Parental involvement is important to the academic success of a student. Parent Portal is a tool that allows parents to be involved in the education of their children by helping them stay informed and engaged about their progress. With Parent Portal, parents can be able to:
1) View their children’s grade
2) See their children’s class schedule
3) Monitor the attendance of their children
4) Engage with their children’s teachers
5) Stay up-to-date with homework, assignment, and projects.
However, to enjoy all these features, you must be logged onto a Parent Portal account. Here is a look at how you can log into your account:
Parent portal login with an account
To login to your parent portal account, follow these guidelines:
1) Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera Mini, e.t.c) and type in the URL address of the Parent Portal, for example, https://parentportal.org
2) Go to the log in page by clicking on the log in/sign in box usually located on the top right corner of your browser.
3) Enter your username and password on the log in boxes and press enter.
4) You will then be redirected to the main page of the Parent Portal, where you can follow your child’s academic progress.
Parent portal login without an account
If you do not have an existing Parent Portal account, follow the following guidelines:
1. Open your browser and type in the URL of the parent portal.
2. Go to the login page and click “REGISTER” or “CREATE ACCOUNT”, which will redirect you to a page with a registration form.
3. Enter your personal information (name, email address, contact, phone number) followed by the student information for your child.
4. Select your desired username and password, read and accept the terms and condition and then submit the registration form.
5. An email will be sent to the provided email address, with your log in details.
What to do when you forget your password
With most people leading very hectic lives, it is not uncommon to forget the username or password details of their accounts. Here is how you can recover your login details if you forget your password:
1) Open your browser and go to the Parent Portal login page.
2) Click on forgot password link found below the login boxes.
3) You will be redirected to a password recover page. Enter your username or the email address you used during registration and submit.
4) An email will be sent to your address with the password details or with a link to a page where you can reset your password.
How to delete your account
If your child has finished schooling or you are no longer interested with using the parent portal account, you have the option of deleting your account. Here are the steps to follow when you want to delete your account:
1) Log in to you parent portal account and go to the security or account information tab.
2) Click on the “delete account” or “remove account” tab.
3) A pop-up message will ask you if you want to delete your account. Click on the yes or confirm tab to delete your account.
If the account deletion tab is not located on the account information or security tabs, open the terms and conditions and read through to find out how to delete your account. You can also delete your account by sending an email of intent to delete to the website admin, who will then proceed to delete your account information.