If you want to sign up for better pharmacy services, Medco is an excellent portal to turn to. The pharmacy benefits management company has over 65 million people on its list of registered members.
When you sign up, you get complete access to Medco services, news of drugs, drug alerts and recalls, prescription managing services from your PCs and mobile devices and plenty of other resources and savings. Here’s a look at how you can sign up and sign in to the website.
How to Register with Medco
Registering on Medco is easy. Here’s a step by step look at the process.
Note that if you are covered by TRICARE, you should skip the steps below and go through the TRICARE mail order activation process which will be described below this.
1. Head to the website www.express-scripts.com. You will find yourself on the Medco login page, which is quite easy to navigate. On the screen there is a large banner with the option to ‘Create online account’. Click on the option and you will be taken to the registration form.
2. Get your prescription drug ID card ready. You will need some of the information on the card to fill in the form. Since each online account is linked to a prescription number, you will only get the most out of the site if you have this number handy.
3. Fill in the form with your details. Details you need to enter will include your name, date of birth, zip code etc. as well as your Member ID number. You can find this number on your prescription drug ID card. This number helps to identify your prescription benefit plan. If you don’t know your prescription ID, you can still register for the website, but you’ll not be able to make the most of the website’s services.
4. Next, create your user ID and password. Just follow the prompts on the form and it should take you just a few minutes to fill the form.
5. Finally, hit the “Register Now” button at the bottom of the form. You are now ready to log in to the website.
How to Register with Medco if you are a TRICARE Beneficiary
On the registration page for Medco, you’ll find a link to the relevant page for TRICARE beneficiaries. Note that each family member or beneficiary who wants to register will have to do so with unique accounts. Also, activation of your account with Medco is not a guarantee of your eligibility for Medco’s TRICARE Pharmacy Program. You must fill in a prescription to find out if you are eligible.
Here are the steps for registration.
1. Provide your name, date of birth and gender.
2. Provide your sponsor’s ID number.
3. Go ahead and great your user ID and password.
4. Finally, hit “Register Now” at the bottom of the screen and you’re ready to log in.
How To Login
When your account has been activated, you can use the Medco login page, www.express-scripts.com to access the account. Simply enter the user ID and password you created in the previous steps to log in.
If you forget your password, you can click on the ‘I forgot my password’ link. You will then be given the hint phrase (which you entered in the form during registration) to remind you of the password. If that doesn’t help, you will be asked the hint question you also had provided at the time of registration. If you get the answer right, you will be sent an email with instructions to login again.