Like with all other financial establishments, the internet baking facility offered by ICICI can be a convenient way to keep a tab on your account activity and to make transactions from anywhere and at anytime. ICICI recently introduced their customers to their upgraded online banking system which promises enhanced features and newer facilities. However, before you start using their internet banking service, you will need an ICICI login. Here is information on how you can claim your username and password and how to use this facility.
The ICICI login for internet banking!
Online banking access is available to all account holders of ICICI bank, including those who have a savings, NRI or current account. There is no registration process for availing this facility since it is only offered to ICICI customers. Hence, you will be given your login details in the welcome kit you receive after opening your account with the bank.
If you already have an account with ICICI but have not used their internet banking service or would like to add this to the suite of features of your account, you will need to visit the branch of ICICI that you bank with personally and fill out a form. The ICICI login information such as your username and password will then be sent to you. Although you cannot change the username, you will be able to set a new pass code when you access your membership area.
How is the new internet banking feature different from the old service?
In terms of ICICI login, there is no difference since you will be using your old username and password to access the internet banking tool. The new feature has a better and more user-friendly interface, which allows clients to find all account related data in one place as well as access account related functions of transfer and payments from within the same menu.
The new online banking facility also makes it possible for customers to personalize their dashboard and set up shortcuts on their homepage for features that are regularly used. You can also manage your profile from within the dashboard. Since there is no separate transaction password, it becomes simpler and faster to use the tool. In addition to this, the user will be able to set transaction limits, which allows the client to enjoy an added level of security.
What can you use your ICICI login for?
There are a range of banking related tasks that can be accomplished by logging into your ICICI net banking account, among these are:
- Make and receive payments online between two ICICI accounts as well as between an ICICI and a non ICICI account
- Real time access to your account
- Request a checkbook online
- View account and transaction details
- Transfer funds even on weekends and public holidays
- Send cash to anybody with a mobile phone
- Receive funds from ICICI and non ICICI accounts as well as from abroad
- Send money orders
- Pay bills online
- Pay for services such as DTH, data card and mobile connection
- Invest in mutual funds, insurance and gold
- Online tax payment
- Share trading
- Online shopping
How to use your ICICI login?
Once you have your account access information in hand, you will merely have to go to the webpage of the bank at http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/onlineservice/online-services/onlineservice.page. To your right hand side, you will see a menu with the “login” option.
Click on this and you will see a dropdown menu. From it, you can choose various account options. Pick the kind of account you hold and you will be taken to the next page.
Here, you are given two choices; the main login button in orange can be used to access the newer version of the ICICI banking facility. However, if you are more comfortable using the older version, to the right of the “continue to login” button, you will find a link that reads “Click here for older version”. On the next page, you will see the ICICI login form.
Enter your username and your pass code and choose what part of the membership area you would like to access. For instance, you could go to the dashboard or my accounts or payments, transfers, etc. Click on “log-in” and you will be redirected to your member’s page.
Using ICICI bank mobile banking
It is also possible to use your login details to access the net banking tool from the bank on your cellular devices. For this, you will have to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to http://mobile.icicibank.com/dl to download the application or send an SMS to 5676766 so that you can download via GPRS
- Step 2: Activate the app on your phone. If you have a Windows device, you will merely have to use your ICICI login details to access the service. Android phone users will see four icons when they click on the iMobile app. Of these, choose the one that says “activate now” and you will be taken through the activation procedure. This will involve setting a 4 digit pin which will have to be used subsequently when you want to access online banking.
- Step 3: To complete the procedure, you will have to authenticate your account by completing a grid card verification.
Recovering lost password for ICICI login
If you have forgotten the pass code for accessing your net banking account, you can visit your branch and ask them to mail this information to you. Typically, it will take about 15 days for the details to get to you. Another way is to call the customer service helpline of the bank. You can find their numbers at http://www.icicibank.com/customer-care.page. The password will be dispatched to you in 7 days.
If you have a registered phone number linked to your ICICI bank account, things become easier. This is what you will need to do:
- Step 1: Go to http://www.icicibank.com/online-services/generate-password-personal.page?. This is the password recovery page for personal accounts. However, you will find the password recovery link next to all login forms, including those for NRI accounts, etc. All you have to do is click on this to initiate the procedure.
- Step 2: On the page above, you will find a form; fill this with information such as your name, contact number, pin code and your product type.
- Step 3: Click on the button on the side which says “I want my password”.
- Step 4: You will either receive a unique access number through an SMS sent to your registered mobile number or in the inbox of the email address that you have linked to your bank account.
- Step 5: Validate this unique number by using it in the password recovery process
- Step 6: You should now have temporary access to your dashboard. Change your online password and continue to enjoy the benefits of the feature.