Google Analytics is so much more than a tool to gain insight pertaining to the performance of your website. It is a market analysis system that can offer empirical evidence about the success and the flaws of your campaign. In fact, whether you operate exclusively online or have a website to boost the sales of your brick and mortar establishment, a Google analytics login can be the key to commercial success.
What can a Google analytics login help you with?
The allocation of a marketing budget and the optimization of your campaign are just the start of how Google Analytics can help you to get more out of your advertising dollars. A web based platform that aids in collecting as well as analyzing client information, with Google Analytics, you will not only be able to track the keywords that your website is optimized for and their performance, but also the source of your traffic and other vital information about your visitors. Among the numerous advantages of using this technologically brilliant tool are:
• Does not get better than free: Although Google does not charge users for using the Analytics tool, it is better than most of its paid counterparts in terms of its sheer functionality.
• Helps to find out from where the traffic is coming: You can not only find out the keywords that your visitors are using to find your site, but also you will be able to learn about visitor demographics
• Identify site usage: Along with all of this information, you will also be able to track the specific web pages and links that your visitors are using on your website
• Segmentation of traffic: The results of the tool can be conveniently segmented to reveal the number of new and returning visitors and the referral sources from where the traffic is coming
In fact, Google Analytics offers one of the most efficacious methods to fine tune your web pages by adding more keyword optimized content where and when needed, so that you get better conversion rates in the future.
Signing up for Google Analytics
To get your Google Analytics login details, you will need to go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ and use the button that reads “access Google Analytics”, which is placed on top of the web page. From thereon, follow the steps given below:
• Step 1: On the next page, you will see the signup button to your right. You can use your Google Passport log in information for using Analytics as well. This is basically the password and username that you have for any of Google’s products and services. For instance, you could very well use your Gmail username and password or even your Youtube login data.
• Step 2: If you are not currently using one of Google’s services, registering for Google Analytics is still a breeze. All you have to do is Click on the link that says “create an account” which is placed below the sign in form.
• Step 3: A form should come up on your screen. Start filling it; first with your name and then by providing your current email address (can be from any service provider) and setting up a password for your new account. You will also be asked to provide personal information such as your birth date and your cell phone number.
• Step 4: Complete the registration process by finishing the Captcha verification and providing details on your location. Finally, click on “next step”.
• Step 5: Next, confirm that the email account belongs to you. For this, you will have to access the message sent to your inbox and click on the verification link in it.
Setting up your Google Analytics account
Once you have your Google Analytics login details in your hand, it is time to use them. To set up the account and add the tracking code, go to https://www.google.com/analytics/web/provision?et=&authuser=#provision/SignUp/. Click on the button that says “signup” and then follow the instructions given ahead:
• Step 1: Start by choosing whether you want to track the performance of a website or a mobile app.
• Step 2: Offer the additional information that you are being asked for including a new account name for your Google Analytics login, name and url of your website, industry category and time zone.
• Step 3: Choose the appropriate settings for data sharing with other Google services and click on the button which says “get tracking ID”.
• Step 4: On the next page, you will receive your unique tracking code with the instructions to copy and paste it into the code of every web page that you want tracked
Remember it is also possible to customize your tracking code as well as your viewing report; this will help you to access information that is not normally tracked.
Getting your Google Analytics Login password back!
If you lose the password to access your Google Analytics account, resetting it is as easy as reclaiming the sign in details of any other Google service. This is what you need to do:
• Step 1: Assuming that you are already on the Google Analytics login page at https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?elo=1, all you have to do is click on the link which reads “need help”.
• Step 2: On the next page, you will be asked to offer information about the issue you are facing. In this case, you should click on the circle next to the option that says “I don’t know my password”.
• Step 3: You will next be shown your email address if you have used a third party service other than Google for registration. If you have opened a new Google account, you will be shown the verification email id.
• Step 4: Click on continue and you will be asked if you remember the last password you used. Click on “I don’t know” to move ahead
• Step 5: Confirm that you want the verification link to be sent to email ID shown on the screen and use the continue button to receive a message from Google.
• Step 6: Click on the link in the message and you will be diverted to your dashboard. From here, you can opt to assign a new password for the account.