Till about 2009, EMBARQ was one of the largest local exchange carriers in the country, serving clients in 18 states and earning revenues to the tune of $6 billion. It has since then been acquired by Centurytel and together they formed a new merged corporation known as CenturyLink.
Despite the new corporate identity, there has been no difference in the numerous features available to EMBARQ customers along with their telecom and internet services. One of these was embarqmail. Users of EMBARQ can still operate their webmail accounts, complete with its bevy of features. However, this is an account linked email service.
This simply means that even though you will have embarqmail login details like for any other account, you cannot just register for the service like with the free email facilities you get from Yahoo or Gmail. This is a service that is exclusively meant for EMBARQ clients who are now with CenturyLink.
After you get your primary account, it is also possible to open sub accounts, as many as eight. This way, everyone in the household has their own embarqmail login details. There are numerous advantages to having your embarqmail account. So, if you have never used this facility before, here are a few reasons why you should and how you can.
Why bother with getting your embarqmail login information?
For one, you are getting an unlimited storage email account with top notch security that only comes with a private service. In addition to this, you get access to a feature rich calendar, an address book, the ability to access app such as maps, date finder, Wikipedia and more from within your email dashboard and you can easily add an external email account to your embarqmail account.
Claim your embarqmail login details
You can get your centurylink or embarqmail login details immediately after you install the service or at anytime thereafter. For claiming your account right after installation of the modem, simply follow the prompts to create a login for your Centurylink homepage.
• Step1: Choose the option for “I want to create a new login for my Centurylink homepage” and then click on next.
• Step 2: Set your centurylink/embarqmail login details such as your username and your password
• Step 3: Choose a secret question and provide the answer for it and that is all there is to setting up your primary email account.
If you want to go through this process after the first time installation of the device, the process will remain the same except, you will have to go to the homepage of the service at centurylink.net. Next, click on the green icon for email and use the green tab that says “create account”.
If you are logging in through internet that is not being provided by Centurylink, you will be asked for your ten digit phone number that corresponds to the account. If you are using a Centurylink device, this will be automatically detected and you can directly go to the signup form. Setting up sub accounts is equally easy; for this, follow the steps below:
• Step 1: Sign in to the homepage of Centurylink with your embarqmail login details. In the navigation bar at the top of the page, you will see the “my accounts” button. Take your mouse over it and choose the option that says “username management”.
• Step 2: Next, click the button which reads “add an email account”. Enter the embarqmail login details that you want to set and simply click on save to create the account.
How to sign in to your email account using embarqmail login data?
Whenever you want to use your email account, all you have to do is go to the login page at https://secure.centurylink.net/login.php. Enter your username and choose the appropriate domain name.
It is crucial that you get the domain name right or you will not get access to your email account. Then, enter your password and click on “login”. You can also choose the option for “keep me logged in till I log out”. So, you won’t have to bother with entering your embarqmail login details every time you want to access your emails.
Resetting embarqmail login details
To reclaim a lost password, you will need to click the option “forgot password” on the login page at https://secure.centurylink.net/login.php. Then, go through the steps outlined below:
• Step 1: Enter your 10 digit internet phone number, your email address and complete the captcha before clicking on next
• Step 2: Provide the answer to the secret question that you set during registration
• Step 3: You will be given temporary access to your account at this point. Choose a new password and confirm to set it.